Monday, April 8, 2013

Yarn Wreath

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing great. So as of about a week ago we still had our Christmas themed wreath hanging on our door.

Not okay.

So I decided to devote my Saturday night to making a new wreath for our front door.  I started with the intention to blog about it, and then kind of got lost in the wreath making fun, so I didn't really finish. However, I am still going to share what I have. So let's get started :)

Supplies:  
  • Styrofoam or straw wreath(keep the plastic on!)
  • Any color/type of yarn
  • Felt
  • Ribbon for hanging
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors
  • Any other decorative pieces








To begin, hot glue the beginning of the yarn to your wreath.  This is optional, but it definitely helps with the wrapping process.


And now....prepare to wrap your life away.  This step definitely takes some time and patience.  The tighter your wrap your yarn, the better it looks in the end. Make sure to check that the yarn is covering the back of the wreath and everything is smooth.



So here's the part where I got in my own "craft world." I'll tell ya...once I get in that state of mind, there is no stopping me. I made some cute felt flowers-which I will put up a tutorial on how to make some at a later date. If you don't know how to make them, Pinterest can help you out with that. There are a lot of great tutorials out there. Next I went into my craft box and found some feathers and lace ribbon and just got creative! 

I wrapped the lace ribbon around and hot glued the ends down.  I then did some trial and error with the placement of the feathers and flowers, but once I was satisfied, I glued them down. To finish off, I attached a ribbon and hung it on the door! I'm really happy with the way it turned out :)



"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the soul."
-Elder Uchtdorf

xoxo Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment