Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Cosmetic Run!

     It's always a fun day when you can buy some new makeup! So I went to Ulta today to get some basics! My goal is to always find a great foundation and I think I finally did. I had been using a foundation by Tarte, which I would usually recommend, but I was just recently informed about the silicones in foundations and how bad they were for acne prone skin. So, if you are using a MAC product or even a cheap full coverage makeup: make sure it is not silicone based if you are prone to acne or break outs. Its also not good for your pores! Don't get me wrong, MAC is a great cosmetics line- my mom swears by it, but if you have sensitive skin, that's not the makeup for you. Your face is your third kidney, some makeup people would say. It needs to stay hydrated and fresh at all times!!! So, make sure you are using a oil-free, silicone-free foundation. There are plenty of great-coverage makeups out there!

     So now after my rant on foundations, I also wanted to find a good basic eye shadow palette and I went for the Urban Decay NAKED basics. I wanted to also find a good every day lip! Which of course I wanted in a matte. Now let me go on about NYX's matte lipstick! One word LOVE!!!! Not pricey and is an amazing matte, with lots of different color options.  So, here is a look at some of the things I purchased, or that I am purchasing--- I can't purchase my foundation until next week (paycheck day), since it is $50(i know pricey), but it will be well-worth it, since it is a healthy foundation and lasts for 6-8 months!!!!!





Foundation: China Doll by Napoleon Perdis

NYX Matte Lipstick in color Tea Rose

Urban Decay NAKED basics

color names from R to L: venus, foxy, w.o.s, naked 2, faint, crave 


        I hope to come back giving great reviews on these makeup products I bought. So check in!!!!


                                                        "I hope you feel beautiful today!"

                                                                       xoxo, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment