Thursday, September 27, 2012

Studying 101

Hey everyone! It's Mo here. So this week has been filled with lots of tests and lots of quizzes, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to share my favorite studying tips! Now I know everyone is different, so not all of these tips may work for you and your personality. However, I do them almost every time I study, and they are very effective. I hope you give some of them a shot! So to begin...

1. Almost every single time I study, I make myself a hot cup of tea. There is just something about a cup of hot tea that seems to relax me and helps me concentrate.  A few of my favorite teas are:

I love my green tea if you can't tell! 

I absolutely love this peppermint herbal tea! It is so refreshing and very delicious.
And if I know it's going to be a late night and early morning, I go ahead and brew up a pot of coffee.

2. So I don't really like when it's so quiet in my room that I could hear a pin drop, so I like to put on some relaxing music. Depending on my mood, sometimes I do classical, or sometimes I find a Pandora station that has a wide variety of some chill alternative music. Some of my favorite Pandora stations are-

  • Amos Lee 
  • The Civil Wars
  • Gregory Alan Isakov
  • Mumford and Sons
  • Norah Jones
  • Classical
  • Classical for Studying


3. This is probably one of the most effective tips I can offer. Turn your phone on silent, and get it out of your sight and reach. I always get so distracted with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I mean who wouldn't?! But I have found if I put my phone out of reach, I have a much more productive study session. If you have to have your phone on you, try putting it on vibrate and only look at it if you have to!

4. Sometimes my studying requires the use of my laptop. However, when this happens, I tend to get off course much more easily. All I can say is fight the urge to visit those social networking websites, and use your computer for only study-related items!

5. This next tip may sound silly, but make sure you aren't studying on an empty stomach. If my stomach is growling and aching because I'm hungry, I find it extremely difficult to concentrate on anything but fulfilling my stomachs need for some food.

6. Take breaks. I understand time is of the essence, but studying for a straight couple hours is unhealthy. Take a short 5 or 10 minute break at least every hour. Your brain needs a little break to process all the information you are feeding it.

I hope you all give some of these study tips a shot! Good luck on any studying you might encounter in the future! Take a deep breath and remember, You Can Do It!!

Do you guys have any other studying tips and tricks? I would love to hear them!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

xoxo Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment