Monday, September 17, 2012

Rainy Days

Hi guys! Hope it is sunshine-y and warm wherever you might be. It has been raining non-stop since early this morning, but the rain is a good thing! I actually love the rain..I just find it difficult to still look cute and stylish without getting soaked. I have to walk from one end of campus all the way to the other end to get to my classes, and when it is pouring outside, it makes that walk somewhat unpleasant if you aren't prepared. Thankfully, I always carry and umbrella in my backpack, so I am ready to go. But apart from an umbrella, there are many other ways to protect yourself from the wetness and still look chic.

Jackets:


These jackets are the perfect way to stay dry and look fashionable. The cut and the detail of the first coat is what I fell in love with. The neutral color is great, but it is still so adorable because of the buttons and the tie in the front. As for the second one, I love the color, and it would definitely make a statement. (A super stylish one that is!) 

Shoes:


This is where I tend to struggle on rainy days. I'm not a huge fan of rain boots, however, there are some out there that I like! For example, the first pair is such a classy boot, it would match almost anything in your closet. The bow detail on the side is so cute, and these don't really look like your average rain boot...which is what I love about them! The next pair is a pair of flats that can get wet and will not be ruined. I need a pair of these, pronto. These might not be everyone's style, but I found them to be so so cute. I love the bow, and again with the black, super classy and easy to make outfits with.

Hair: 
As for the hair, all I have to say, is pull it up. Get it out of your face, and don't even let the rain have a chance of ruining you hair. There are so many options- a top knot, a messy bun with pieces of hair framing your face, a side braid or fishtail, or even a slick-backed ponytail. Get creative with styling and don't let the rain win when it comes to the hair.

I hope these give you a few ideas on how to conquer those rainy days in style! It might be pouring rain outside, but why not look cute while you're getting drenched. lol! So remember, don't let the rain ruin your day..take control, be confident, and don't forget your umbrella! :)

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." -Gilbert K. Chesterton

xoxo Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment