Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday's Encouragement

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well. I wanted to do something a little different today and share something that I have been thinking about lately. I don't know if you all have heard of the clothing website called "Shopruche" or not, but they sell the cutest clothes and accessories, and they also have an awesome blog! But anyways, they posted this photo of a piece of wall art on their Instagram page awhile ago, and I just fell in love with everything about it. (This is a piece of wall art that is still available for purchase for about $19) The colors, the sunflower, the simplicity of this piece really grabbed my attention. But the saying is what really stood out to me...


"Make time to enjoy the simple things in life." Seems like a pretty easy thing to do, right? For me personally, I find myself taking advantage of these simple things. Things that I shouldn't be. I feel like it's so easy to get caught up in life and the big picture, that we so easily forget about all the little blessings that are placed in our lives each and every day. Like the time I have with my roomies in the morning to sit around the table and enjoy a cup of coffee, or the walk to my classes where I can think about all that I'm thankful for; or the daily conversations filled with encouragement and love that I am able to have with my mom.  It's the simple things we tend to forget about.

So I challenge you all (and myself included), "make time to enjoy the simple things in life." Take a few minutes one evening and go look at the stars and the moon. Be aware of the effortless times in your life that are, in reality, blessings. Don't let worrying about tomorrow run your life, and don't forget about those simple things that make your day all worthwhile. Begin each day with a deep breath and a smile, and recount all the things you are thankful for. And once again....

"Make time to enjoy the simple things in life."

xoxo Mo

1 comment: