Saturday, March 30, 2013

Life Lessons

Hey y'all! So it's been a crazy, crazy week. But through all this craziness, I learned some very important life lessons. Thought I would share...

1.) Don't drink any liquids by your computer. Yup, that's right. I spilled coffee all over my computer. And yup, it's toast. Very traumatic, very sad, and I still can't believe it happened. But in all seriousness, I am very upset it happened, but it's only a computer. Just an item. Just a thing. Things can be replaced, and that's what is most important to keep in mind.

2.) Don't let your phone battery get close to dead. While on my way home yesterday, my car broke down. I was thankfully able to call my parents, but I had 5% battery left. Got me thinking, what if my phone had died? I could have been stranded...a 19 year old girl stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. My mom went out and bought me a car charger today, and I recommend purchasing one and keeping your phone as charged as possible. Having some type of pepper spray with you is always a great idea too. (I have the pink one!)

Although you could say my luck has not been good, I have learned that you can take situations and look at them 2 different ways-negatively or positively. Now obviously situations like those stink. There's no doubt about that. But the important thing is to be optimistic. It is always a goal of mine to be optimistic and look on the brighter side of things. Life throws you curveballs all the time-I mean hey, it's life!

So just remember, bad days happen. Things break...but they're just things! The most important life lesson I can share with you is to be thankful for each and every day and cherish the relationships you have with your loved ones.

While I was writing this post, this song on Pandora came on. It seemed appropriate. :)


"You can't live a positive life with a negative mind."

Xoxo Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment