Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday's Tunes

Hi y'all! Hope you have started out with a good week. Tuesday's Tunes is going to be a monthly post where we show you some of our favorite songs we have been listening to. Summer comes around and its time to roll down the windows, and blast your favorite hits! Its one of my favorite things about summer. Here are some of my top 10 favorite songs of the summer:

                                              
  • Delta Spirit is one of my favorite bands! I heard them last year at Lollapalooza and loved them, now I'm looking forward to seeing them again this year. I guess they were so good, they just had to have them on the lineup again! This song by them titled "California" is from their newest album. It just makes me want to get my air guitar out and start jamming. 
  • Lana Del Rey is one of my most favorite artists this summer! This song is perfect. It has that awesome summer feel you are looking for in a song. All of her music is fabulous from her album Born to Die, but "Radio" has really grown on me.
  • I just recently heard of this band, Leagues, at the beginning of the summer and they are awesome! In my opinion they have a bit of a poppy sound, but also remind me of a Kings of Leon too. They have awesome guitar riffs, and are so much fun to listen to! This is one of my favorites of theirs called, "Magic". 
  • I'm not usually into the whole dub-step/electric music thing, but for some reason I love this song. It's by Nero and its called, "Me & You". Another song by them that you could check out if you enjoy this one is "Promises". 
  • I had to make sure I got this song up here! I was not a big Bieber fan AT ALL, but when this song came out i was sold! This song and his new album is so much different from his other stuff! I guess you can say, I've caught Bieber fever!! This song is "Boyfriend". 
  • Everyone loves John Mayer, but this new album is soooo different from all of his other stuff! This song titled "Queen of California" is one of my favorites from the new album. Don't get me wrong every single song on the album is fantastic, but this ones honey-sweet harmony makes you want to just sing along! 
  • I really enjoy this band called Best Coast. I tend to forget about them until summer comes along, because its such a summery mix. This is one of their newer songs called, "The Only Place". Its obviously about California (which is on my bucket list of places to go), and has the most optimistic, up beat melody. What I would do to be sitting in Cali. listening to this song!!! 
  • You guys have to listen to this group called Neon Indian! Its in that sub-genre, of chillwave music. I really love this song for summer titled, "Polished Girl". If you really enjoy this song you might want to check out another band that my boyfriend showed me that has that same chill sound by the name of, Washed Out! Their great! 
  • Who doesn't love Norah Jones?? Her newest album is incredible though! I could have put every song on here, so I just decided to put the title track, "Little Broken Hearts". The thump of the guitar and the smoky voice she has is just amazing throughout the whole album! 
  • Last but certainly not least is my favorite, The Black Keys. Their new album El Camino is so good, especially this song, "Stop Stop". All there songs have awesome guitar and a catchy chorus. I love the old classic rock feel The Black Keys always have. They easily make my top 10!! I'm seeing them in August and am so stoked!! 
So, There is my top ten! I hope you enjoy and find some new tunes on here that you love just as much as I do. I am no music expert, I just really love music. Also I'd like to leave you with a funny little quote/saying I found: 
            There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. 
                                                      -Albert Schweitzer        
                                                                                                                xoxo, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment