Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beachy Waves

Hey y'all! Hope you are having a super fun summer! I just recently discovered how to achieve the perfect beachy waves.

The best thing is...NO heat!

I've been trying to keep my use of the straightner/curling iron and washing of my hair to a minimum in effort to help keep my hair healthy.  Both of those can be so damaging, so even when you can go just one day out of the week without doing any of those, it helps!

To achieve those perfect beachy waves is easier than you think.

To begin, you will either want to shower at night or get your hair completely wet.

Then brush it out to get rid of any tangles you may have, and you can part your hair your usual way (I've been parting mine down the middle these days) or just brush it straight back.

Starting at the top of the back of your head, start french braiding. It by no means has to be a perfect french braid.  Actually, the less perfect it is, the messier waves and more textured look you will get.

Once you get it french braided, tie it off....and sleep tight :)

When you wake up in the morning, keep the braid in. I would go ahead and do your makeup for the day, just to let the braid stay in a little longer.

When you're ready, take the braid out.  Use a shaking motion with your hand to undo the braid.

Next, grab any mousse and hairspray you have laying around the house.  Any will work! I just use Aussie Mousse and Garnier Fructis hairspray (they were both pretty cheap at the drugstore).

Give your hair a few good shakes and flips and apply your mousse while scrunching your hair.
Grab your hairspray and do the same! Give a few sprits and scrunch.

I like for my hair to have a little volume, so I went ahead and gave it a little tease and I also took the hair on one side of my part and braided it back.

Once you are satisfied with the look of your waves, time to go out and show them off! 



*I also wore my hair like this for second day hair and it looked even more messy and textured. I loved it!

Hope you give these beachy waves a try! I would love to know how it worked for you. As always, thanks for reading, and have an awesome rest of your day! :)

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea."

xoxo Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment